DUE TO COVID-19: IN PERSON JAIL VISITATION IS SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. VIDEO VISITATION IS NOW AVAILABLE.
PLEASE READ ALL VIDEO VISITATION RULES AND REGULATIONS BEFORE COMPLETING A VIDEO VISITATION WITH INMATES INCARCERATED AT THE WOOD COUNTY JAIL.
The Wood County Jail recognizes the significance of visitation and the opportunity to maintain contact with family and friends while upholding facility safety and security. Visitation with inmates incarcerated at the Wood County Jail is non-contact using Securus Video ConnectSM, a web-based visual communication system that allows friends, family members, attorneys, and public officials to schedule and participate in video sessions with an incarcerated individual – from anywhere with internet access using the free Securus app, computer or tablet.
Visitors are responsible for following the Video Visitation policy and regulations of the Wood County Jail.
VIDEO VISITATION HOURS:
On-Site Video Visitation hours are:
Monday through Friday
0830-1130 hrs. 1530-1620 hrs.
Off-Site Video Visitation hours are:
Monday through Sunday
0700-1130 hrs. 1530-1630 hrs. 1730-2030 hrs.
All Video Visitation visits are by appointment only. Account review and approvals along with approval for scheduling visits will be approved only during the hours of 0900-1530 hrs. Monday-Friday.
Scheduling is done by the visitor via the internet by visiting https://securustech.net/
Appointments may be scheduled up to twenty one days in advance, of the visit but no less than 24 hours in advance of the visit.
When scheduling an appointment to complete a Video Visitation you must enter the full legal name of each visitor (NO nicknames).
For those visitors using our on-site Video Visitation option it is recommended that you arrive at the Wood County Jail to prepare for your visit ten minutes prior to the start of the visit. Should you arrive late the visitation appointment time will be held but it WILL NOT be extended past the scheduled visitation appointment time.
Visitors using the on-site Video Visitation option in the lobby of the Jail will only be permitted two (2), twenty (20) minute, on-site visits, per week.
Visitors are not permitted to schedule an on-site lobby Video Visitation and an off- site Video Visitation on the same day. Should this occur, the off-site video visit will be cancelled for that day.
Off-site Video Visitation is available if you have a computer, Android or Apple Smartphone or tablet that has access to high-speed internet and a webcam.
All inmates are eligible to have an on-site and off-site Video Visitation.
Off-site video visits may exceed one visit per week but may be limited to availability based on scheduling.
There is a cost for off-site Video Visitation visits. Cost for the off-site Video Visitation service is determined by Securus Technologies and not the Wood County Sheriff’s Office.
For an off- site visit, an account needs to be established with Securus Technologies at https://securustech.net/
– Prepaid accounts are not utilized by Securus Technologies for Video Visitation.
– Cancellations must be done twenty-four hours prior to the start of the scheduled Video Visitation or a charge will be incurred. There are no refunds on off-site Video Visitations that are scheduled but not held.
- Any form of nudity (ex. Showing breasts, genitalia, buttocks, etc.) a visitor will be banned indefinitely.
- There will be NO warnings if a visitor breaks a rule below. Once a visitor violates, a visitor will be suspended for 30 days. A second offense will result in a 90 days suspension and the third offense will be a one year suspension. After three violations, a visitor will be banned indefinitely.
VIDEO VISITATION RULES
- All Video Visitations are monitored and subject to recording for the safety, security and in the best interest of the Wood County Jail .
- Visitors are NOT PERMITTED to use any additional cameras, and/or video devices, telecommunications or recording devices in an attempt to record or duplicate a video visit either on-site or off-site prior to, during or at the conclusion of a video visit..
- For those visitors using on-site lobby Video Visitation option, it is recommended that you arrive to prepare for your visit ten minutes prior to the start of the visit. Should you arrive late the visitation appointment time will be held but it WILL NOT be extended past the scheduled visitation appointment time.
- Only those who have been approved by the Wood County Jail to visit by Video Visitation shall be permitted to visit. A child needs to be registered when the visitor sets up the appointment. Only TWO visitors per session, which includes children. That means you can NOT have two kids visiting along with an adult.
- Video Visitation may be denied to disorderly persons.
- Visitors who are believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to complete a video visit.
- Visitor’s must be properly attired to visit.
Male visitors are required to wear undergarments under their clothing, shirts, pants and shorts at all times during the visit. Shorts may be no shorter than mid-thigh and may not be provocative exposing upper thighs, genitalia, buttocks or extremely tight. Shirts may not expose the breast or midriff. No cutoff shirts.
Female visitors are required to wear undergarments under their clothing. Wearing of see through or transparent, low cut and/or revealing clothing, halter or tube tops shall not be permitted. Tank top blouses or dresses with thin spaghetti straps and blouses with cutouts shall not be permitted. Shoulders must be covered. Shorts may be no shorter than mid-thigh and may not be provocative exposing upper thighs, genitalia, buttocks or extremely tight. Dresses and skirts with slits higher than two inches above the knee shall not be permitted. All buttons shall be kept buttoned at all times. Wrap-around skirts shall not be permitted. Provocative clothing which exposes the breasts, midriff are extremely tight, off the shoulders or any style which exposes any part of the breast shall not be permitted.
Visitor’s attire deemed inappropriate by the Wood County Jail staff shall be denied a video visit.
- Loud talking, excessive emotionalism or any other type of disruptive behavior shall not be permitted. Visitors shall not deliberately incite or engage in an argumentative conversation with an inmate or any other person during Video Visitation.
- Presence of nudity or sexual conduct during Video Visitation shall not be permitted. Actions of this type shall result in a visitor being banned indefinitely.
- All inmates and visitors are to follow the instructions of the Wood County Jail staff.
- If any court of record imposes a no contact order or temporary restraining order between the inmate and a potential visitor, no Video Visitation will occur.
- No smoking, drinking, or eating during the visit by the inmate or the visitor.
Any court of record imposes a no contact order or temporary restraining order that is currently in effect between an inmate and a potential visitor, no visit will occur.
The Jail Administrator or designee decides that there are significant reasons related to safety, security and in the best interest of the jail to necessitate denial or rescheduling of Video Visitation.
A governmental issued, valid ID with a passport type photo must be submitted with the account request. Failure to submit will result in a denial.
* HB 197 remains in effect from March 9, 2020 until 90 after the end of Ohio’s state of emergency or December 1, 2020 (whichever comes first). During this time, Expired ID’s will be accepted for an account set-up.
THE WOOD COUNTY JAIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE OR DENY A VIDEO VISITATION AT ANY TIME