The Wood County Sheriff’s Office provides a rewarding opportunity to new employees. A position with the Sheriff’s Office is more than just a job — it’s a career.
The Wood County Sheriff’s Office offers full testing services for the position of Deputy Sheriff in the Road Patrol, Corrections and Communications Divisions through the National Testing Network, Inc. To fill out an application and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com. Be sure to sign up for the position you wish to test for under Ohio/Wood County Sheriff’s Office.
What to expect at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
• Completion of the application process
• Review all information related to the Wood County Sheriff’s Office positions, including minimum requirements, salary and benefits.
• Detailed information about the testing process for the entry level test.
• Opportunity to take online practice tests at www.frontlinetest.com.
• Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays.
• Take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment.
Upon completion of the entry level exam, all candidate scores are automatically forwarded to the Wood County Sheriff’s Office. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on the Wood County Sheriff’s Offices eligibility list. The Wood County Sheriff’s Office will contact selected candidates on the list and may invite them to continue to participate in other stages of the Office selection process.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the Wood County Sheriff’s Office responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to the Wood County Sheriff’s Office where the final decisions are made.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DISQUALIFIERS
Age: 21 if applying for Corrections/Road Patrol; 18 if applying for Dispatch
US Citizen: Lawfully able to work in the U.S.
Valid OHIO State Driver’s License: Yes
Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
Vision: Correctable to 20/20
Schooling Prior and Post Hiring:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to pass corrections academy and state certification.
- Must obtain CEU’s annually as required by Ohio Law and/or the Sheriff’s Office.
Felony, Criminal Activity Disqualifiers: No felony convictions (expunged records included).
- Must be insurable under Wood County’s insurance carrier.
- No OMVI arrests within the last 3 years.
- No DUS or reckless operation arrests within the last 3 years.
- Multiple traffic arrests that may make one uninsurable.
Drug Use Disqualifiers:
- No misdemeanor drug convictions within the last 5 years.
- No felony drug convictions.
- Drug screen required on conditional offer then randomly thereafter.
Employment Disqualifiers: Outside employment with permission.
The Wood County Sheriff’s Office offers:
• Top Competitive Salaries
• Excellent Medical Coverage
• Dental Coverage
• Retirement Plans (OPERS)
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays (10 annually)
• Paid Vacations
• Sick Leave
• Uniform Allowance
• Paid Training
Ashely DeLeon – Deputy Director of Human Resources & Finance
Office Phone: 419-354-9004
Brianne Cooper- Director of Human Resources & Finance
Office Phone: 419-354-9005