JAIL VIDEO VISITATION
VIDEO VISITATION IS NOW AVAILABLE.
All Video Visitation visits are by appointment only. Account review and approvals along with approval for scheduling visits will be approved only during the hours of 9:00 am – 3:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
Scheduling is done by the visitor via the internet by visiting https://securustech.net/
Appointments may be scheduled up to twenty-one days in advance, of the visit but no less than 24 hours in advance of the visit.
PLEASE READ ALL VIDEO VISITATION RULES AND REGULATIONS BEFORE COMPLETING A VIDEO VISITATION WITH INMATES INCARCERATED AT THE WOOD COUNTY JAIL.
The Wood County Jail recognizes the significance of visitation and the opportunity to maintain contact with family and friends while upholding facility safety and security. Visitation with inmates incarcerated at the Wood County Jail is non-contact using Securus Video ConnectSM, a web-based visual communication system that allows friends, family members, attorneys, and public officials to schedule and participate in video sessions with an incarcerated individual – from anywhere with internet access using the free Securus app, computer or tablet. Visitors are responsible for following the Video Visitation policy and regulations of the Wood County Jail.
VIDEO VISITATION HOURS
On-Site Video Visitation hours are Monday through Friday:
8:30 am – 11:30 am and 3:30 pm – 4:20 pm
Off-Site Video Visitation hours are Monday through Sunday:
7:00 am – 11:30 am, 3:30-1630 and 5:30pm – 8:30 pm
When scheduling an appointment to complete a Video Visitation you must enter the full legal name of each visitor (NO nicknames).
For those visitors using our on-site Video Visitation option it is recommended that you arrive at the Wood County Jail to prepare for your visit ten minutes prior to the start of the visit. Should you arrive late the visitation appointment time will be held but it WILL NOT be extended past the scheduled visitation appointment time.
Visitors using the on-site Video Visitation option in the lobby of the Jail will only be permitted two (2), twenty (20) minute, on-site visits, per week.
Visitors are not permitted to schedule an on-site lobby Video Visitation and an off- site Video Visitation on the same day. Should this occur, the off-site video visit will be cancelled for that day.
Off-site Video Visitation is available if you have a computer, Android or Apple Smartphone or tablet that has access to high-speed internet and a webcam.
All inmates are eligible to have an on-site and off-site Video Visitation.
Off-site video visits may exceed one visit per week but may be limited to availability based on scheduling.
Prepaid accounts are not utilized by Securus Technologies for Video Visitation.
Cancellations must be done twenty-four hours prior to the start of the scheduled Video Visitation or a charge will be incurred.
There are no refunds on off-site Video Visitations that are scheduled but not held.
For an off- site visit, an account needs to be established with Securus Technologies at https://securustech.net/
There is a cost for off-site Video Visitation visits. Cost for the off-site Video Visitation service is determined by Securus Technologies and not the Wood County Sheriff’s Office.
VIDEO VISITATION RULES
All Video Visitations are monitored and subject to recording for the safety, security and in the best interest of the Wood County Jail.
Visitors are NOT PERMITTED to use any additional cameras, and/or video devices, telecommunications or recording devices in an attempt to record or duplicate a video visit either on-site or off-site prior to, during or at the conclusion of a video visit. Violators may be subject to termination of their Video Visitation privileges.
For those visitors using on-site lobby Video Visitation option, it is recommended that you arrive to prepare for your visit ten minutes prior to the start of the visit. Should you arrive late the visitation appointment time will be held but it WILL NOT be extended past the scheduled visitation appointment time.
Only those who have been approved by the Wood County Jail to visit by Video Visitation shall be permitted to visit. If there is more than one visitor they need be registered at the time the visit is scheduled (this includes children). If the scheduled visitor does not match the actual visitor the visit will be terminated.
Video Visitation may be denied to disorderly persons.
Visitors who are believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to complete a video visit. This includes consuming alcohol during the visit.
Visitors must be properly attired to visit. Visitors attire deemed inappropriate by the Wood County Jail Staff shall be denied a video visit. Inappropriate attire includes but is not limited to:
- See through clothing of any kind;
- Tops or dresses that expose the midriff or have open backs or open sides (such as any sleeveless clothing such as halter tops, tube tops, cropped tops, tank tops and muscle shirts;
- Low-cut clothing cut in a manner that exposes the chest;
- Any clothing that inappropriately exposes undergarments;
- Skirts, dresses, shorts, skorts or culottes with the hem or slit above the knee;
- Wrap-around skirts/dresses or break-away type pants;
- Clothing with any gang related markings;
- Clothing with obscene and/or offensive pictures, slogans, language and/or gestures;
- Form-fitted clothing made from Spandex or Lycra or other similiar knit material such as leotards, unitards, bicycle shorts, tight jeans or tight pants;
- Clothing with inappropriate holes/rips, including shoulder cut-outs.
Loud talking, excessive emotionalism or any other type of disruptive behavior shall not be permitted. Visitors shall not deliberately incite or engage in an argumentative conversation with an inmate or any other person during Video Visitation.
Presence of nudity or sexual conduct during Video Visitation shall not be permitted. Actions of this type shall result in loss of Video Visitation privileges.
All inmates and visitors are to follow the instructions of the Wood County Jail staff. Failure to do so may result in a loss of Video Visitation privileges.
If any court of record imposes a no contact order or temporary restraining order between the inmate and a potential visitor, no Video Visitation will occur.
Inmates shall not be restricted in regards to whom they visit unless the Jail Administrator or designee determines that a visitor should be excluded. Video Visitation can be denied through justified restrictions if:
- The visitor represents a clear and present danger to the security, safety and best interest of the Wood County Jail.
- The visitor uses an additional camera, telecommunications or recording device during the visit.
- The visitor has a recent history of disruptive (disorderly) behavior at the Wood County Jail.
- There is reasonable cause to believe the visitor is under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- The visitor is not dressed properly as per the established dress code for male and female visitors.
- The inmate refuses the visit.
- It is determined that there are other substantial reasons to justify such limitations in order to promote the safe and secure operation of the facility.
- It is determined that a permanent denial is reasonable and necessary and approved by the Jail Administrator following recommendation from the Lieutenant. A letter will be sent to the visitor concerning the permanent visitation restriction.
- Any court of record imposes a no contact order or temporary restraining order that is currently in effect between an inmate and a potential visitor, no visit will occur.
- The Jail Administrator or designee decides that there are significant reasons related to safety, security and in the best interest of the jail to necessitate denial or rescheduling of Video Visitation.
A governmental issued, valid ID with a passport type photo must be submitted with the account request. Failure to submit will result in a denial.
THE WOOD COUNTY JAIL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE OR DENY A VIDEO VISITATION AT ANY TIME.